Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, August 22, 2011

Such a big (independent) boy!

As I said before, Jack is becoming more independent every day! He now wants to brush his own teeth. Needless to say, we have to brush them first and then he gets his turn. The funny thing about this picture is that he climbed onto the counter all by himself while I was carrying a load of laundry upstairs. I'm pretty sure he had already brushed his teeth about an hour before with Zack. I guess anytime is a good time for Jack to brush his teeth!

We've noticed that Jack plays for longer periods of time with his toys. He tried stacking these balls for quite a while. And YES he put the animals in/on the ark...

Reading is still very important to Jack. He and I read in his tent every morning. He lays on his pillow while I read!
Trying to get the very last drop!

Right now we are in the middle of a remodeling project. So we eat all our meals in the basement. Jack likes to help carry things downstairs. He is becoming such a big helper. I will be really glad when the fridge gets moved downstairs!

Back to the comment on independence...Jack REALLY wanted to wear this outfit on Saturday! He has started picking out this clothes in the morning. (I really think he only liked the shorts because of the sharks!)

I wonder if they are planning our next trip?!?!

Jack built this tower all by himself...unfortunately I didn't snap the picture quick enough!

Jack enjoys picking tomatoes and beans in the garden. I love his facial expression here!

Baby update: We are at 24 weeks! That was a very fast 24 weeks. Baby girl is very active, I don't remember Jack moving around so much. Usually Jack moved around after meals and early in the morning. Baby girl moves all day long. With Jack I craved salad, skittles/starbursts, caramel rolls and fruit. With baby girl I have craved lots of cheetos!!!


House update: As I said earlier when we purchased the home, we knew we wanted to remodel the kitchen. The first picture is the kitchen view from the family room and the second picture is the kitchen behind the wall.

After a few days of demolition!

A picture after this weekend.

More remodeling pictures to come!

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

WOW!!!! Beautiful 'after' picture of the kitchen and it's not even all the way done yet. Can't wait to see more. :)