Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, June 30, 2013

Getting so BIG!

Since Jack is starting preschool in the fall we figured we should buy him a big boy water bottle and put the sippy cups away.  Fernie had to have her own big girl water bottle too...she kept drinking out of Jack's!  She carries her water bottle everywhere.
 Fernie is really getting into this reading thing.  She loves to open the flaps, slide the doors open and turn the pages (even if it's not time...oh well!).
 This guy is getting a bit to brave for my liking. 
The kids LOVE to watch people through the windows.  When one of us is in the backyard the kids love to wave at the window.  Fernie is squealing and laughing as Zack passes by with the mower. 
 
What a big brother...I think...
 I had to pick something up a the Visitors Bureau and we found this... 
 One morning Jack was "playing" on the couch and I told him he would hurt his head (like the little monkeys) next thing I know he has a bike helmet on to "protect his head"!
A few cute little things from our little philosopher: 
"How does God make it rain....does he just squeeze the rain out of the clouds??"
 
We were dog-sitting and Lucy started barking when the doorbell rang and Jack said "Lucy, barking is disrespectful".
 
As I was on the phone Jack brought me the baby monitor and said "Fernie is up"...next thing I know Fernie is standing NEXT to me!! I asked Jack how she got out of her crib and he responded "I held her dress VERY carefully and lowered her down like a crane!"
 This is what happens when Fernie does NOT take an afternoon nap!
 Fernie LOVES pickles.  A few days ago Zack gave her a whole pickle and sure enough she ate the WHOLE thing.
 One day this week we had PJ day.  When we play in the basement Fernie's first mission is to find and wear Jack's old shoes.  Guess she found the boots today!
 Good reading time with Daddy.
 Jack took a big step at the zoo this weekend, he FED the goats.  This is a HUGE deal for him.  He was so proud of himself.  I think he has made a new buddy!
 Our baby is also not a baby anymore...Fernie is understanding more and more each day.  She is talking LOTS...mama, dada, nana, pop pop (papa), Luc (Lucy), Ja (Jack), off, uhh-huh (accent on the huh), hi, bye, all gone, done, wolf (random), and cheese (when the camera is out!). 
 
As I've always said, Fernie is a VERY happy girl.  If she gets mad or hurt it does not last for long but it's pretty serious for the short period of time!  She has a very contagious smile!
 Jack and Fernie are growing up just in time...in December we will have another little Pelham in the family!!  December 25th to be exact - Christmas baby!! 
When we told the kids (well Jack listened and Fernie rolled around on the floor) I showed them their ultrasound pictures and the new ultrasound picture.  Jack was pretty excited and had lots of questions:
 
"Will the baby eat human food or dog food?"
 
"Where will the baby land when it pops out?"
 
I told Jack my tummy would get bigger and bigger and bigger...his response was:
"but mommy it's already big!"
Gee, thanks!

1 comment:

Ryan & Rose said...

AHHHH, LOVE me some Pelhams! I can't believe Fernie loves pickles - how on earth did that happen!? And Jack - at least you're one entertained mama! Wishing we were closer as your family continues to grow!!! xoxo