Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, September 12, 2011

1100+ Miles...

This past Labor Day weekend we drove to MI for a short visit and of course, to participate in the Peach Festival activities! We left at 3:00am thinking Jack would sleep at least until 6:00am or so...NOPE he stayed awake until 1:00PM! We stopped about every 3 hours so Jack could get out and run. We found lots of parks along the way.


On our way to Nana and Gpa's we stopped to see Bud and JoAnn in Wakefield. Jack very much enjoyed their dog Pepper and his time outdoors with Aunt JoAnn.

What a brave woman...pulling Jack in the wagon while managing Pepper on his leash.
Jack thought this woodpile was pretty neat! He even "moved" some wood for them...



To make the trip "easier" for mom and dad we rented some Barney and Sesame Street DVDs. We had a little routine: play for about an hour, watch a video, eat a snack and play for another hour. And then start all over!

Zack and Gpa took Jack on some errands and these are the pictures I received on my phone while they were gone! I can only imagine...

One night we all went for yummy custard! Well I came a little late because "someone" lost my credit card! To make a very long story short, after dinner Jack and I went to the van because it was too hot for us to sit outside. While in the van he was playing with my wallet. After Zack came back to the van and we started driving to the custard place I starting putting my wallet back together. I realized my CC was not there and I knew I saw Jack playing with it. After searching for what seemed like a loooong time and finally giving up, I found the CC in the DVD player!!!!


We spent Saturday afternoon at Aunt Sarah's.

Jack found Adam's Tiger Stadium chairs!

Taking a break by the water.

This is a gesture we see a lot..."one more time"! We are trying to teach Jack the difference between "one more time" and "last time"!

The kid loves to jump!

Fun times in the front yard playing catch. (check out that form!)



"Don't forget me!"

Nana took Jack to the park and they both had a great time.


Jack loved the climbing wall...unfortunately Nana nor I could hang on to him all the way to the top :(

We took Jack to the children's parade...he wasn't so sure right away...

Give the boy a sucker and he is one happy little guy. He ate the WHOLE thing.

After the parade all the relatives came over. Jack enjoyed playing with Owen's toys.

Jack is already teaching Naomi tricks!

I spent a little quality time with Naomi...she is such a doll!

We attempted a "cousin" picture...oh well, maybe next time!

We had not been in the car 5 minutes after leaving MI and Jack was out like a light.

While we were gone our house started looking more like a house...

Our window was finished!


Before we left they had taken the sliding glass door out to install french doors...while the door was out we started thinking the room might look better with no doors - TADA!


We have floors and hardware!!!



Still waiting for those countertops...they are scheduled to be installed on the 19th!! Can't wait :) Jack and I are heading South in two days to celebrate a very special birthday this weekend! I'm sure I will have lots of pictures.

No comments: