Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Such a sad face...

The tradition is that when the grandkids get together we have their pictures taken!! So far our record has been that one kiddo does NOT appreciate having their picture taken. This time we brought "W-Ws or as most people know them - M&Ms! (I have to call them W-Ws because Jack fully understands what M&Ms are!)

Unfortunately there is a story behind this sad face. Since we couldn't get all three car seats in one car, Jack and I drove separately. I left a few minutes early because I wanted to make a quick stop. To make a very long and emotional story short, I LOCKED JACK IN THE CAR!!! Poor little guy, he thought it was a game at first but after a while he started crying and that about broke my heart. I immediately called the police who sent someone out right away. Then I called Zack who was out of town...not much he could do anyway! When the police arrived they were trying to call a locksmith. Can you believe no one answered any of their calls?!?! God was definitely watching out for us, some random man stopped and asked what was going on. As I was sitting in the trunk (I was trying to get though to the backseat via the trunk but the car seat was in the way), I told him what had happened. He told us he used to open doors for a living!!! He ended up crawling in the trunk and pushing the seat down enough to get the door open. PRAISE THE LORD!! I immediately got Jack out and gave the guy a hug...that's when I started crying. That was the last I saw of the guy...I didn't even get his name! I guess I should have given Jack the whole bag of M&Ms after that!!!

The three amigos!

(ALL the kiddos are looking at the bag of M&Ms...the boys also have M&Ms in their mouths!)
I love the way Jack is standing in this picture...he is watching some kids in the corner. Notice his hand in his pocket :)



We ventured out to the 4th of July parade...unfortunately it was so hot we didn't even stay for the parade. We had arrived about an hour and half early to get seats and it warmed up so much during that time we needed to leave. Jack was sweating like crazy and I was really hot! I will admit, I do not enjoy being hot and it makes me unhappy.

During our wait Jack enjoyed the colorful barriers...perfect size for him.

Snack time with dad on the back steps.

Exploring in the backyard!



...Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go...Joshua 1:9

1 comment:

pandjalexander said...

DId I tell you I locked Josh in the car last summer? Such a horrible feeling, isn't it? Praise the Lord for helpful people and police officers/ fire fighters. Glad everyone is ok. Praying for you as it seems to be more traumatic for mommy than it is for the kiddos. :) Love y!