Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Maine

We’re back!!! We had a great time in Maine. I will try to sum it up with a few pictures…Only one day it rained all morning, we had good weather for the most part. It was amazing how quickly the fog can come in! Zack’s parents and his sister and her husband were also with us in Maine. The only unwelcomed guest was the BAT!!!
As I was unpacking, I looked out the window and saw Zack and his parents relaxing by the water. The first night we were there, we went on a short walk and here is one photo from the walk.

The first morning we were in Maine we went blueberry picking!!
Six people can gather a LOT of blueberries. We ate blueberry pie, blueberry buckle, blueberries on oatmeal, blueberry pancakes, blueberries and cream, blueberries on ice cream, blueberries on cereal...

We visited Schoodic Point and climbed on the rocks. The Pelham clan.

Zack climbing on the rocks!
We took a hike on the Bold Coast in Cutler, Karen and I needed a break.

The scenery was beautiful everywhere you were.

Emily, Matt, Zack and I took a road trip to the Eastern most point in America. We first took a tour of Raye's mustard factory!

We also visited Quoddy Head in Lubec. This is such a beautiful lighthouse.

Couldn't go to Maine without eating lobster!!

We went to the Blueberry Festival in Machias. Emily even entered a pie eating contest. She was against some pretty heavy hitters. Here is the clan eating fish chowder.
They even catered to the non-fish chowder eater!!!!

















1 comment:

Ryan & Rose said...

I can't tell you how glad I am you started a blog! Yeah! And I LOVE your Taylor zip up - can I get one too - it's not like we're at the same place so often that we'd match! Where did you get it? I miss you! We really must plan a get together soon! Love you!