Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, October 27, 2008

Walking...

A brisk walk can be so refreshing. I just returned from an invigorating and peaceful walk. For those who don’t live in ND, yesterday was VERY windy. I heard someone say there were 60 mph gusts throughout the day!! Those mighty gusts blew all the leaves off the trees so during my peaceful walk tonight I heard the sound of leaves below my feet… music to my ears. The only thing missing was an apple in my hand! When I returned home I had a small piece of Plachenda (small pastry with pumpkin filling), it reminded me of my grandma. Plachenda was one of the German foods my grandma would make for the grandkids. I sure miss Grandma’s cooking.

Remember I said I wanted to start read biographies…well I finished my first one (I know, it took a while) – My Grandfather’s Son by Clarence Thomas. I would highly recommend it. Now on to the next book…hopefully that won’t take too long to read. If I could only be coordinated enough to read and walk, I could sure get a lot more reading done! I'm always open to new book suggestions!

No comments: